Friday, May 21, 2010

Booya Birthday!


Chocolate glorious chocolate! The aztecs used it for money! I have found a beautiful source of pure dark delicious chocolate from Nicaragua called Booya Cacao fair trade and organic, with all the ingredients grown under a sustainable canopy.

So, I cooked up a fabulous birthday picnic that we had a Sequatchie Cove Farm for my friend using this wonderful chocolate! First, my daughter and I dipped local organic strawberries that we bought at the Chattanooga Main Street Market on Wednesday into the melted Booya Cacao some we dipped into organic chopped hazelnuts too!

Then I made her an amazing birthday cake...yes, all in my tiny RV convection/microwave oven! Using an Arrowhead Mills organic chocolate cake mix, to which I added, organic chocolate chips, raspberries and  melted Booya Cacao. After baking and cooling I spread more melted Booya in between the layers.

I made this icing with:

1 Stick (8 T.) softened organic butter
6 T. organic all vegetable 0 trans fat shortening (I use Spectrum)
2 3/4 C. organic powdered sugar
1/2 C. Melted Booya Cacao
1 T. Cold Brewed  Coffee
2 T. organic cocoa powder

Then I decorated the cake with chopped organic hazelnuts, bits of Booya Cacao and topped it with fresh raspberries right before we presented it to the birthday girl!!

Check out the Booya Cacoa website and feel good about your love of chocolate! You can also 'like' them on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment